Resources Library News October 2018
Featuring new developments and news about spinal cord injury, magazines and newsletters, interesting articles from academic journals and details of new resources that have recently been added to the library.
News from the media and around the Internet
For news visit SCIA's news pages, the SCIA Facebook page or if you would like to learn how to set up Google Alerts which are a great way to monitor what is going on in the world of disability and spinal cord injury contact the library and we'll show you how.
Magazines, Journals, Newsletters, Blogs
Click on the links to read the articles in full or to view the magazine table of contents. If you would like to read any of the articles that are featured from the magazine table of contents, let us know the details and we will send the article to you.
AbleThrive - (Tips, advice, stories)
- 24 Oct 2018
- 4 tips for first dates in a wheelchair
- Positive body campaign features woman in wheelchair
- 17 Oct 2018
- Advice when someone stares at your wheelchair
- Why quality caregivers are hard to find
- Advice to parents of kids with disbilities
- 10 Oct 2018
- How the deep blue is more accessible than ever
- A Nu You maximising life with a disability
- Returning to school after SCI
Every Australian Counts
- Visit the website to get news and events. You can also subscribe to their newsletter to get the news delivered to your email.
Link - This weeks What's news in Disability and Monthly magazine
NDIS News from NDIS.gov.au
New Mobility (United Spinal Association, US)
- Biweekly newsletter 17 Oct 2018
- Ian Mackay: The Trail King
- Driven to invent: Alex Ghenis talks with the inventors of the BIGPAW footplate, the Derrington Toilet and the Attracmount cell phone holder about what it took to go from idea into functional product.
- Collector cars: From a cherry red 1968 Ford Mustang, to a gleaming white 2008 Chevy Corvette, a 1985 “Hel Camino” and everything in between, wheelers across the county are adapting the car of their dreams to meet their needs. Check out a few of our favorites.
- Biweekly newsletter 2 Oct 2018
- Coming Home: Surviving Modern Rehab
- Combining Epistim and Activity-Based Therapy Holds Promise for Walking
- Where to Turn When Wounds Won’t Heal
Spire - AQA Victoria
United Spinal Association (USA)
Topic of the Month
Click on the link to read resources the library has gathered on all things to do with
New Books, Articles, Websites added to the Resources Library
To borrow any of the books listed please contact the library or ph 1800 819 775. To see what else has been recently added to the library, click on Lists on the black bar on the home page of the library.
About the Resources Library
SCIA's Resources Library provides a comprehensive collection of resources relating to spinal cord injury and disability - you can search or browse by subject to all of the material in the library. Discover new resources, forums, websites, blogs and places that you can visit to share your experiences and learn from others. We are always on the lookout for new material to be added to the collection so if you come across something that you think the library should have please let us know.
Library contacts and further assistance
If you have had a good look around the library and the Resources pages on our website and can’t find the information you are looking for, our staff are very happy to help you. We can be contacted on email or give us a call on 1800 819 775.